Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm back!

This is just a short post to say that after a long hiatus from blogging, I am back. I was in the US for the summer, with no access to a sewing machine, and very little quilting going on. There was however, a good amount of shopping for quilting supplies. I may have some pictures to come. I also managed to take a wonderful class with Diane Gaudynski. I will post some pictures of my learning experience in the next week.

While the summer was a wonderful time to visit friends and family, it was marred by one terrible occurance. Our Elkhound Sally died over the summer, apparently from tainted food that must have been imported into our area. My son and I were in the US, and my husband had to handle the whole thing himself. Despite the vet's best efforts, her kidney's failed and there was no hope for recovery. Sally has left a big whole in our lives. We are planning to get another dog, but first we are doing a lot of research to find out how we can make sure we get a healthy dog with good temperament into the country.

4 comments:

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

I am so sorry about your loss. I know she was an vital part of your family. I just can't imagine your grief, but I do worry about losing my own fur-babies. .... I could no longer be "flippytale" if I lost Timon, which has come close a couple of times. *big hugs* your way..... I know it must be really rough for you and your family.

Unknown said...

Sorry for your loss (((hugs)))

Sherry said...

I am so sorry to read of your loss. While words seem so inadequate please now that my thoughts & prayers are with you.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Glad you are back, sorry you had to come home to a rather empty home.

Memories are forever. Many hugs.