Sunday, April 8, 2007

Layout help

Now that my Single Wedding Ring is done (remember, help me with names!), I have been playing a bit with my Log Cabin to try to come up with a layout. Actually, mainly I have been trying to find a solution to some problems with my laptop, which may have a virus that is not being detected. When not doing that, I have been playing with my log cabin blocks. Here are some of the possibilities. I am aiming for a quilt that is at least 70" wide, but several of the layouts would finish naturally at 60". My family likes ample quilt for their feet! Blank places would be filled with black squares or black borders. Please excuse the family debris in the photo, LOL.

#1, My original plan:#2. This is fun, and may be more interesting to quilt, but I might have to add an extra border at the top and bottom to get a usable length.

#3. Barn raising layout with color at the center. Block blocks would fill in the corners, and a wide block border all around.
$4. The playstation cord is such an attractive addition. Additional block border all around.
#5. Black to fill in the first border, and possibly an additional black border at the top and border to make up the length.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

If you look on Oct 13,2006 of my blog you can see a star arrangement that someone told me about. All I did was reverse the outside corners of #2. I was amazed to see the star when I did that. You could make the star dark or light depending on the arrangement. I do really like #1 of the ones you have shown.

Anonymous said...

The great think about log cabin blocks is that they look good in ANY arrangement! Myself, I'm partial to barn raising patterns.

Deb Geyer said...

They all look gorgeous! I do prefer #3. Barn raising layout with color at the center.

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

Log Cabins are so fun to arrange! It seems that every arrangement possible has a unique name too. It has been a while since I made one, but are they fun to sew up too!

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

PS, I really like the layouts with symetry!

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

(symmetry) =)