Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Log Cabin Update

Since it was a bit difficult to envision my log cabin in different layouts without the black fabric, I began playing with layouts in EQ. I love EQ! Here are some of my favorites. I haven't decided on which one yet, though.

1. Original Layout. I still like something about it.

2. I don't like how much black I am ending up with at the top and bottom, but I really like the center of the layout.3. Barn raising with a border to give a better size. This might be the easiest to quilt.
4. I really like this layout, but I am not sure how I would quilt the large expanses of black.
5. A bit of a variation, with the border all around.
I must have 10-15 other layouts that I tried and just did not like as much as these. I may end up with another 20 before I'm ready to finalize!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

You have a tough decision there. I really like the last one but as you say, quilitng the black could be a challenge.

Miriam said...

I VOTE FOR #2! but either way you can't go wrong!n

Suzanne Earley said...

Choices, choices, choices -- log cabins are so versatile, aren't they? I like the center arrangement of choices 2 and 3, but the extra black in 2 might be a little out of proportion. What I can see (but you can ignore me, because it would require piecing just as many blocks as you already have LOL...) is a border of log cabin blocks -- kind of a sawtooth border....

Whatever you do, I'm sure will be great -- I love the look of bright colors with black.