Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I'm back!

I spent last week in Thailand, participating in a fantastic conference with participants from all over SE Asia and East Asia. It was wonderful to meet such dedicated and insightful people and to hear the stories of how they have worked for the advancement of their communities. The conference was really busy, so I did not manage any quilting this week until getting back to Macau, despite bringing some hand piecing along.

Yesterday, I was able to finish the last few blocks for my Log Cabin. I am not sure about the layout to use, though. I had originally planned lay them out so that all the bright halves would face in the same direction, but then I thought about using a barn raising layout, which may end up giving more interesting options for quilting. If I do that, I either have to make another row of blocks, or take away 4 blocks. I am out of red scraps for more blocks, though, and without the blocks the quilt might be a bit short. Here is the original layout. It would have wide black borders for fancier quilting. The blocks are just laid out randomly. Might need a bit of adjustment.

I also managed to pick up my two new presser feet for the Ricky Tim binding. I can't wait to try it out.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

This layout is very nice, esp with the black border you are planning.

Diana said...

I like this layout, but the other sounds interesting, too, even if it leaves the quilt a bit short. the log cabins are fun to play with, aren't they?

Granny Fran said...

That Log Cabin is magnificent! The colors are so brilliant and I like that layout. You should be able to do some great quilting on a wide black border.