Friday, May 4, 2007

It's spring, maybe even summer


It is really warm here now, so in honor of Spring, or Summer, I took the brown store-bought quilt off the bed in our room and replaced it with A Flurry of Feathers, which turned out to be a rather large quilt. It doesn't cover the pillows on the king-size bed, and I had thought of making a pillow topper, but I think it is okay without one. I rather like the way it looks except for a few details...First, the pillows/headstand/headboard (what is that thing called?) behind the bed look really grungy next to that nice white quilt, and second, those small pillows need to be changed to a lighter color! Then there is the mess on my husband's side of the bed...although mine isn't too much better!

6 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

Love your quilt! It looks clean, bright and crisp just for summer.

Jenni said...

Nothing beats a blue and white quilt, does it? It looks lovely. Maybe you could make a simple fabric cover for your headboard in a similar blue? Unless it is attached to the wall of course.

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

It is a very beautiful quilt. And I absolutly agree with you about some litte changes in your decor. Waiting to see the after photo.

Diana said...

Gorgeous quilt! Who cares about such trifling details as messy bedside tables? LOL

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

Such a pretty quilt! The blues and whites will cool you off! I was so dazzled by your quilt I didn't even notice all the things you pointed out!

Anonymous said...

I love that big quilt!! My favourite colors right now is blue and white together. It looks fantastic!