Thursday, May 3, 2007

WIP..Thursday?

Somehow Wednesday went right by, and Thursday had almost passed before I realized I had missed WIP Wednesday. I was so tired from my trip that I was in no state to cut or sew anything until today, but I promised today to my son, so not much has gotten done sewing wise. I have added the first borders to my log cabin, but no photos yet. Instead, I would like some advice for my next quilt.

I have been wanting to do a quilt based on the Gamelan pattern in The Modern Quilt Workshop, and I found a great fabric to use for the circles. My original idea had been to do the background in black so that it would be an elegant fall-like quilt. However, I have somehow managed to go through the 10 yards of Kona Black I bought in December (and almost all the Kona Snow as well!). I could order more and wait for it to arrive, but that seems rather silly as I will be in the US in about 2 months. I do probably need to buy some to have on hand, though.

I also have these two fabrics in my stash that I could use. I am a bit worried the end result would look too Christmasy, plus the quilting wouldn't show up as well. What do you think?

3 comments:

Joyce said...

That is gorgeous fabric. I think I like the green. IT looks less CHristmassy. THe black is really nice too but I can see why you don't want to wait.

laura west kong said...

What a great piece of fabric! It looks wonderful with all of those choices.

Diana said...

I would vote for the black, but diva is right, the circles would look good on any of the ones you showed.

I can't wait to see the patterns your fabric will make.