Saturday, March 10, 2007

Some Good Things

I have lots of good news to report tonight. First, I have finished quilting the center section of my Single Wedding Ring quilt, and am now working on the border. 1 1/2 sides are not quilted, so with any luck at all, I should be able to finish it up tomorrow. Then on Monday or Tuesday, I will go to Hong Kong to the Bernina dealer to pick up some presser feet. I am going to try Ricky Tims' binding method on this quilt.

Next, I successfully extended my wireless network by adding an access point, so now I can browse the web easily from my bedroom. Instead of the low quality connection I had, it now reads "very good" signal strength. Sometimes it even reads excellent. I was continually getting dropped connections in my bedroom, so that should now be fixed. Of course, the real question is whether having reliable Internet access from my bedroom is a good thing. Do I really need more time on the Internet? Probably not, LOL.

Another thing I am very excited about is that I will be able to attend a seminar with Diane Gaudynski when I go to the States this summer. I am so excited! For those of you not familiar with her, her website is here.

I have never been to a quilting class, and what a way to start! I found her site by accident one time, loved her quilts, and wrote her a question about batting and quilt stiffness. She was kind enough to answer. I am beginning to plan my trip to the US this summer, and it occurred to me that I could find a quilt show or workshop and take some classes. When I checked her website, it turned out she was going to be giving a seminar not more than a half hour from my brother's house. The shop has accepted me to the class and has agreed to let me use one of their sewing machines since I will not be dragging mine all that way!

Since I have no quilting pictures to share, here is one of our dog. She feels the need to check out any stuffed animals brought into the house. Here she has jumped up to the kitchen peninsula to find a present DS bought for me. I should have been discouraging this, but it was so funny I had to get a picture.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

How lucky to have a quilt class with her. She has written books on the subject and I think must do wonderful work.

LynnS said...

How lucky you are to get a class with her!

Sweet doggie you have. It's awfully hard to stop them from doing something when they're so darn cute, isn't it? I have 2 Goldens and they're both rascals.

I love your Single Irish Chain -- it is beautiful!

Thanks for the warm welcome to the Ring.
Lynn
http://fiberfantasies.wordpress.com

Kay said...

This should be a good class. Her books are fabulous--so detailed, practical and specific, a real help.