Tuesday, January 9, 2007

A Dog's Life

Since finishing the Blue Marquee quilt top, I haven't done much of anything productive. I am rather dreading the sandwiching of the top, one of my least favorite parts of quilting. I made two charms, which were a hit with DS -- he was even offering my services to friends so that they could have one! I also pulled out my Red Out of the Box UFO, got it on the machine ready to quilt, and then had a guest arrive, so aside from putting the right color thread in the machine, nothing has actually been done.

So, in lieu of quilting: our dog.

Our dog, Sally, is very attuned to me (provider of food and walks). Usually when I wake up in the morning, Sally is waiting outside my bedroom door. All it takes is me breathing like I am awake to have her stationed outside the door, waiting for me to get up. On the rare occasion that I am up before her, I hear sudden scrambling sounds while she rushes to greet me. Accompanying the sound of her nails on the wooden floor, there is sometimes a muffled sound of ...dog on furniture. I have wondered if she was getting on the furniture while we are asleep, but usually the beanbag is under the table and the other chairs showed no obvious proof of dog use.

Yesterday, though, there was proof positive:

sleepy sally 001
lorimn95

1 comment:

Fruit Jar Nicky said...

What a sweet picture of your dog!