Saturday, January 27, 2007

My landscape quilt

In my last post I mentioned that I had bought Landscape Quilts by Nancy Zieman and Natalie Sewell. It is a wonderful book and I love the techniques. They have a series of quilts to make to help you learn the techniques. So far I have only managed to make one but I have a few quilts in my mind for the future. I thought I would share the one that I made:

landscape quilt
lorimn95

And some detail:
landscape quilt detail 2
lorimn95

landscape quilt detail
lorimn95

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful piece this is. Love that quilted flower border. Just lovely.

Anonymous said...

I think you should keep going on this series - you have a terrific start! I love your quilting.

Joyce said...

Your quilt looks beautiful and I am very impressed with your meandering.

Susan said...

The landscape quilt looks great. I especially like the quilted flowers in the borders that carry out the landscape theme.

Terri Stegmiller said...

I love landscape quilts and this one is great! Can't wait to see your future landscapes.

Deb Hardman said...

Very pretty Lori. Nice job.

I learned a lot from just watching Nancy Z. on PBS. I miss her show. Our local PBS dumped all of the sewing shows. I no longer support PBS since they took off all my favorite programs. :(

Diana said...

I am in awe of your quilting! Wow! I looked at some of your quilts in your Flickr gallery and just loved them.

Anonymous said...

Great quilting. And I love your doggie. He's a handsome one.