Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wednesday Already?

I am surprised to find that it is already WIP Wednesday. Where did this week go? Right now I am doing two things. I have finished basting the Blue Marquee quilt (it is in process in the pictures). Looking at the quilt now, I wish I had put a blue inner border on as well as the outer border. There is too much white! I may have to put some applique on the white border, or come up with some really interesting quilting.

The other work in process is one of my two true UFOs -- the kind you haven't worked on in ages, in which you have totally lost interest. I started this quilt a year ago, as one of a pair. I ended up short of fabric on both of them, so they are too small. I intended to hand quilt this one, and machine quilt its brother. I discovered I loved machine quilting and got no joy in hand quilting, so this one sat on a table in my bedroom for months and months, until I finally put it away. Now I have decided to do it by machine, regardless of how it ends up looking. It is funny because even though the other one is too small and was my first attempt at free motion quilting, I really like how it turned out. But I really have no desire to even look at this one. I hope I come to like it again by the time I have finished quilting it. It is now on my sewing machine ready to start quilting. DS has exams this week so I haven't managed to actually start, but it is ready to go.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

What quilt designs are you machine quilting in the white areas of your quilt? Many two colored quilts I have seen have taken advantage of the white areas to do some traditional feathers and wreaths in quilting. I am interested to see how your quilt progresses.

Sue said...

I too am waiting with anticipation to see the end result

Unknown said...

I can definitely see some applique on your blue and white quilt or the quilting would be great too...it will be fun to see what you decide!

Once my Snowflake is done and given away, I'll post the whole picture...thanks for your encouraging words!