Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Mastermind

Debra posted about the Myer-Briggs personality test, so I thought I would join in the fun. I have done a few online tests, and the result of this one was the same: iNTj -- the mastermind. Apparently it is a rare result, composing no more than 1% of the population. In one of the descriptions it said:

"When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know. "

That fits exactly! If it is my area, I usually can see a solution or path immediately. Or, I can tell that what you need is not what I can provide. My job involves a lot of consulting and creating systems, helping organizations to get their systems working.

I am also 56% introverted. I am surprised it is not higher! I think as I get older I am becoming less and less social!

I saw a funny British show once in which they brought together a whole bunch of people to be tested, picked the individuals and who had the most classic results in each category, then gave them various tasks to do in teams while the psychologists predicted what would happen. It was hilarious, and the experts were right on more often than not.

No comments: