Friday, February 2, 2007

Christmas in February!


My family got me a gift certificate for quilting things for Christmas, and my gifts arrived today! Hurray! There were all kinds of sales at the end of December, so I ordered from a bunch of different online stores and had everything shipped to my mom, who shipped them on to me. In addition to fabric, I got the Ricky Tims video Grande Finale, as well as a bunch of quilting notions. I love the fabrics, and I am excited to give all the notions a try.

I was away for the last 5 days, so I haven't been able to do any quilting. The trip was for work and was very productive, but I am exhausted! I have today off, so I had hoped to finish up the quilting on the Butterflies in Flight/Butterfly Trails quilt (opinions on the name welcome!), but it is not to be. I am so tired that my quilting is just not going well. I keep missing intersections and making wobbly lines. Time for some blogging instead. Hopefully by later in the afternoon I will be able to do some decent quilting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see that you got the Ricky Tims DVD. I have to say that it is one of the best produced sewing/quilting videos that I have ever purchased (and I have LOTS of them!). I think you will find it full of great information. I've watched it several times and get something new out of it each time.

Diana said...

I vote for Butterfly Trails, mostly because of the quilting lines, I guess. Your new fabric looks so inviting--I love the blue and purple batiks.