Saturday, February 3, 2007

Olympics 2008


Before I went on my last trip, I was downtown and found an exhibit of sculptures with the theme of the Beijing Olympics. China will host the Olympics in 2008, and it is a major source of pride and excitement. The sculptures were from a variety of artists from many different countries, but many were Chinese and had themes integrating traditional Chinese arts and images with the modern theme of the Olympics. I only have a few photos -- sorry for the quality, but I only had my phone camera and the time of day was not great. Still I hope it is interesting!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

WHat amazing sculptures. THe Olympics in China should be very interesting. I'm not much into watchning them but I think I will enjoy those for the background interest.

Jules said...

Those sculptures are wonderful. I still like to go to Centennial Olympic Park, where we have "leftovers" from the 1996 games. I was a student at Georgia Tech during the games, so I had access to the Olympic Village. It was all so cool.