Monday, February 5, 2007

Shhhh!

Don't tell DH. I was trimming up my quilt and forgot exactly where my cutting mat ended, cutting an inch or two on the table. Luckily, it was our granite kitchen peninsula, not our wooden floor or wooden dining room table! It did a lot more damage to my rotary blade than to the table -- there is a slight scratch in what I think is a protective coating, but that is it. Better be more careful next time!

I have been sewing up the binding together the binding for this quilt, going through all my blues, blue-greens and purples to find 2 1/2" strips and bits and pieces that are too small to be used in other quilts, concentrating on those fabrics that I have either had for ages and am tired of, or that I wonder why I bought in the first place. My stash is pretty small and good fabric is hard to come by, so I really don't like to use good fabric for the binding. I realize that it is important to use good quality since it will get worn out faster than other parts, but still!

Hopefully I will have a picture of the completed quilt for WIP Wednesday.

No comments: