Thursday, February 15, 2007

WIP Wednesday 2/15

I got confused about the day of the week and almost forgot to post this! It is still Wednesday somewhere, so here is my update.

As I was traveling, I didn't get much quilting done this week, but I did manage to get the center portions of about 4 rattlesnake blocks done. That brings my Rattlesnake quilt to 4 complete blocks and an additional 15 centers. Unfortunately it will need 42 blocks so it will not be done any time soon.

I also got to try out my quick quarter tool for making half square triangles for my Single Wedding Ring quilt. It is wonderful! I can't believe how much faster the whole process went. Trimming the HSTs is still the slowest part of making the block, but now instead of a pile of yet-to-be-trimmed HSTs, I have some completed blocks. That brings me to 12 finished blocks. I only need 20 pieced blocks for the quilt, so it won't be long until this one is done.

3 comments:

Faith said...

I love the blues in this they remind me of delfware tiles in Amsterdam the colours are beautiful I cant wait to see more of this all coming together.

Nutbudx

Anonymous said...

I like these blocks - it's going to be a very pretty quilt.

Diana said...

I'm a sucker for blue and white quilts and I have always loved this pattern. This is going to be really pretty.