Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Oops. But it's done!

I finished up my Butterfly Trails quilt! I was so eager to get it finished that I decided to do the binding by machine, which was probably a mistake on this quilt. The binding is scrappy, so I had a hard time finding thread that would blend in on all the fabrics, and the backing is light, so if I was off at all, it showed on the back. I need much more practice on machine binding!

I was up fairly late putting the binding on, so I was tired when went to put pictures of the quilt up. I had some computer glitches while doing this, and when I tried to fix the problem, I accidentally deleted my entire webshots folder of completed quilts! I put the pictures I had on this computer up, but there are still a lot of gaps! If I have time I will get the rest back up over the next day or two.

All that said, here is my completed Butterfly Trails. I still needs washing and a trim of stray threads (why do they always show up so clearly on photos, but not in person?). There are lots of detailed pictures in my Finished Quilts webshots folder starting here if you are interested.

Butterfly Trails detail
lorimn95

Butterfly Trails detail
lorimn95

7 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

Your quilt turned out great. I love the colors, design and the quilting.

Diana said...

What a beautiful finish. I love the way the pumpkin seed pattern gives way to the butterfly "trails". Great job!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! What an absolutely gorgeous quilt.

Anonymous said...

It turned out great - a very happy quilt! I really love the quilting that you did on this.

Jules said...

I am so impressed. Your machine quilting is gorgeous. And you did that with a regular machine! The applique is incredible.

Samantha said...

That is stunning!! The blues are gorgeous and the quilting really shows it off!

Deborah M. said...

What a beautiful and unique quilt!