Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Slow Week

I have been so busy with work this week that I have not managed to get much quilting done at all. I managed to miter two of the corners on my Single Wedding Ring quilt. It was my first time mitering corners, and I think they turned out okay. I was going to take a picture, but I realize they need to be pressed first. Instead I will show what I have been doing when I haven't been quilting -- doodling! I intend to use freehand Victorian feathers on this quilt, so I have been practicing them on every available surface. Here are some of the results. All the pages are filled on both sides.

At this point, I think I am ready to start using them on my quilt. At least by the end of this quilt, I should be pretty comfortable with them!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great doodles! I hope they turn out as nice for you on your quilt top. :) Please post a picture!

Joyce said...

They look very good. Will you do them free motion on a regular machine or do you have a long arm?

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like you are ready!

Diana said...

Lovely! I can't wait to see the Single Wedding Ring.

Vivian Love said...

Beautiful doodles. This is how a teacher named Kim Brunner does her feathers. I took her class and she said just doodle, doodle, doodle and then somehow it finally "clicks." They're lots of fun. Are you a longarmer?

Granny Fran said...

Looking good! I sat with a couple of local quilters at a Royal Gorge Quilt Guild meeting and they were showing us, at their table, how they do this. Train the brain.

Check out my answer to your comment on my blog.